Old 09-24-2016, 02:29 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  
MrPL

I have an idea for our buddy system:

I know this is an anonymous forum and it should remain so, so phone numbers and whatsapp groups are out of question, but what if those who want to join the "buddy system" opened a new Facebook accounts with the exclusive goal of being able to have each other on Facebook messenger, meaning we can reach each other's phones directly. We can then assign buddies to each other, so that if someone has being away for a couple of days the buddy can send a message just to make sure everything is ok and, in case things are not, the buddy can remind us that the A-team will not judge anyone and offer the first layer of support. It also means we can catch potential relapses early and maybe stop them from turning into binges.

This would be by no means supposed to replace SR, the role of the buddy would be to try and reach out and do only two things: report back to the A-team and if help is needed suggest the person comes back to SR. Also in my opinion the buddy shouldn't be contacted for help, SR is here for this, the buddy should just be the one who tries and reach out to someone who has been away from SR unexpectedly.

What do you guys think?

P