View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smc808

Lost and Confused

So I have been keeping all of this to myself for the past two days and its slowly killing me.

Two nights ago after a night out my boyfriend of a little over a year told me he has been taking suboxone regularly for about 5 years. I knew about his past going into this relationship, he had issues with pain meds and even had gone to detox before we met for them. I had no idea he was still taking something daily, not only taking it but doing it without a prescription. I can't tell if I am being selfish? I feel so hurt that he wouldn't tell me, he says its because he was afraid to lose me and he was ashamed. I would hope he knew that I would never judge or leave him for such a thing. Regardless, last night we talked more. I told him he needed to seek help since the apparently few times he has tried to quit cold turkey haven't worked. I don't know what I am supposed to do, do I push detox everyday until he does it? He says this is what he wants to do, but I don't think he will make the calls and make it a priority. I also don't really understand the drug, he says there is no high from it that it just makes him feel "normal" is this true? Is it common after someone detox's to relapse?

I am so lost, this is so new to me. I just can't believe he lied for this long. Any kind of help in what I can do to help him would really be beneficial.