View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Happy Birthday.

I'll be not celebrating my birthday next Monday as well. Well, I might treat myself to take away instead of cooking, and allow myself an early night lol. To be honest, since I got sobriety, my sobriety birthday seems more special to me than my belly-button birthday. And when I turn up at AA on milestone days, it feels like others think so as well. I might get more gifts on a belly-button birthday, but the love and joint celebration is stronger when I'm celebrating my sobriety.

Anyway. Hope you're having an okay day. Why not think back to your pre-drinking days (that's childhood for me pretty much) and treat yourself to something or an activity that you'd have loved back then. Chances are you'll find yourself enjoying it now as well once you get going. Even if it's just jumbo popcorn and a slob out with your favourite childhood movie or cartoons. Or buying tickets to a theme park. Or driving out to a favourite spot for a hike about. You might not be able to do it today, but you can promise it to yourself and plan it - get it on the colander and research the finer details (nothing like a little hope and something to look forward to).

And what better gift to yourself than sobriety and recovery. BB