View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
EventHorizons

Originally Posted by Rob65 View Post
... I mustered up enough strength and willpower to pull out of the parking lot without going in. I drove straight home, put some music on, poured me a La Croix sparkling water, and sat down to type this and read updates from some of my fellow September classmates...
Congratulations!!!!

I'very read several different philosophies on not drinking each with their own spin on things. One thing that seems consistent though is that in order to drink, you actually have go through quite a few steps to achieve that goal. You have to get your keys, your wallet, drive to the store, pay, go home (maybe I guess) open it, etc etc. And even those steps can probably broken down further.

The one philosophy that seems similar (in the moment, not big picture mind you) is that it only takes you having the strength to interrupt one of those actions, any single one.

On the flip side though, I think that is why I feel like a failure sometimes. I had the resolve to do all of these things in order to drink, but i couldn't do one thing to break the chain of events at a single link?

Anyway, I am inspired by those of you who can!

EH