Thread: Yurt
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Yurt

Wedding

Hello,
Wow, I was surprised to see my login name on the forum, as I just check in about once a week, or so.
The wedding was very nice, although the temperature was quite warm (106). We planned for an outdoor wedding at a local park, and quite a few guests showed up. My DD had earned a study abroad scholarship to Europe for the summer, so I insisted that she go to Paris, so she was unable to attend. However, my new husband's (still seems unreal to actually say it) DD surprised us by flying out and throwing herself into all of the details in order to help us out.
Don't know if it is appropriate, but I can post pictures if anyone wants to see.
We also had a reception in the town where my husband worked and owns a home (and where we will be moving to in a couple of years), so we had a terrific celebration. From there we hopped in my car and drove all over Texas, staying a few nights in San Antonio and Austin. Later in the summer, we took in a couple of jaunts across Arizona to see some more sights. We even brought my DD along, as she arrived back home at the end of June.
I just saw your post and was settling in to read it when I saw my name on the forum. It seems that a lot has happened in one short year.
Your posts always helped me tremendously when I was wavering. Hope the upcoming year continues to bring fresh perspectives.