View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

You dont owe her anything. She obviously has her feelings about you and who knows if she will change or not.

I dont have a good answer but. I've been in a situation iwth one of my in-laws for years. I basicly cut contact with him. My wife will answer the phone talk to him etc.. I will not. lucky for me there is a godo distance between us. And when he comes to visit or i visit there I'm usually ignored anyhow which works out well. but if there are no other people to distract him I feel I have to try and make an effort to have some dialog. But this past visit I noticed they kept trying to tune me out get ingulfed in there phone so everytime he'd look down to go back to his phone i'd strike up a conversation again . I was doing it just to drive em nuts lol.

Also in my case my wife and her family didnt belive me when i stated I dont think he cares for me much. So one evening because I was pushed into it and such I had a ophone call with him for like 45 minutes i was told how stupid i was essentially. They where all floored I was see? told you so. So from that point forward I had there backing in my stance as well.

From my view its probably not worth trying to convince these folks of anything or get them to side with you or something. Its a lot easier to ignore them / tune them out.

I also have the issue of this particular person still seems to think i'm miserable drunk thats just not drinking. He barely ever talkes to me so how would he know otherwise? But when someone just automatically treats you that way right off the bat it leaves you kinda disgusted and you dont have much to say. Which of course in my case can make it appear that I am indeed still the miserable drunk.

But again if my 5+ years sobriety among many other things doesnt convince this guy otherwise nothing will so whats the point in trying to kill myself for his favor?