View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 05:20 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
MrPL

Hi Dim,

I agree with everyone that it is important to think why you drank and change your plan accordingly, but the sentence that grabbed my attention was "life was pretty damn decent".

You clearly have made a lot of progress if you are able to say that, and though you had a rough binge, once your body detox I don't think you come back to ground zero, life should still be pretty damn decent if that s where it was before, so I see what you mean about shaking this one off and then back on track.

But it is very, very important that you understand that every time you do this you will get further from the "decent life", and eventually you could get to far from it to find it again.

My point is that it looks like you already have something not to drink for, and this is exactly what has been working for me. Like you I struggled to understand why I relapsed the millions of times that I did, so now instead my focus is not on "not drinking, but on making life more and more decent up to the point that it will be awesome.

You can do this!

P