Thread: So, I ****** up
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Zanna

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Could you volunteer to be designated driver? That's what I would probably do.
I agree you can make your place and your free time your own. I am SINGLE and living back on my own for the first time in 7 years and renting after owning for 10 years (sucks, but it is what it is) Some things will come in time. I'm new to the town I'm in so my only friends are through AA really and the people I knew from my very brief job.

Even when I knew I was a bit of a problem drinker, I was ok with being the designated driver, I always found my friends' shenanigans to be so funny, and nice that I could know they made it home alright.

Maybe you need to find something else badass to take up now that you're single? Join a band? Kickbox? Taekwondo? etc.. write out a list of things you enjoy.
I very much know the feeling of freedom from the children. I'm a bit younger than you and a month and a bit ago my kid free time was getting me into BIG trouble. But I was a much worse drinker. So I'm glad you're recognizing it now... I am sure you can overcome this.
I'm new where I am as well - started volunteering in a charity shop and it's been a great help with meeting new people away from the road (they're seriously nosey in this road, so I tend to avoid them)