View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Thirteenth

PJ, even if there’s been growth, I’m not where I want to be because I can’t stay sober. I know sobriety’s not a panacea, but it’s a very important starting point. I often use self-deprecating talk as a way to laugh at myself. It’s not negative self-image per se, but it’s probably not entirely healthy either. I’ve repeatedly considered trying counseling again and have for now chosen to not do so. I won’t shut the door on it and have information for a practice with an addiction component so it’s there if I change my mind.

Yes Dee, I must get off the crazy train. It’s a one way ticket to nowhere. After a setback on my surgery (it was rescheduled), it’s now set to happen soon. I want to be, I have to be sober ahead of that. So that’s my initial goal for change. Get sober stupid.

Don’t beat yourself up so much Jemma. I’m sorry you feel so down but what happened is now in the past. Start today anew so that you never have to feel this way again. I’m not one to say that with any authority given my own struggles, but it’s the best way forward. You’ve had sobriety and know you can do it. Find a way to make it stick. Enhance your plan, add something new and keep going. You can do this.

Simple yet so difficult MITA. Happy Sunday to you as well.

Good luck Sam. Not having inlaws is perhaps the best feature of being a loner.

Morning Bobbie. What are you up to today?