Old 09-17-2016, 09:19 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
CajunPrincess

Hey guys - just checking in to say I hope you're all having a fantastic, sober weekend, and I am super grateful for each and every one of you. Loving all the positive, encouraging posts as well.
It's the weekend and I'm off... so FINALLY got to catch up with all of your posts.

Still accumulating sober days (one day at a time though!) and starting to become used to not turning to alcohol. I'm truly amazed each day.

MrP - Your trip sounds fantastic! Glad you had such a good time. And wow, about your wife drinking only a little bit of wine... Normal drinkers will NEVER cease to baffle me!

Elle - Your post also made me smile... really enjoyed reading it. Glad you ended up at a meeting instead of a bar.

treebeard - Absolutely on the same page as you. When I romanticisizing (Just butchered that word) beer, I think about how I used to feel waking up hungover each day.... and how i had to spend the whole day recovering from it... ugh. such a good motivator for me too.

Just for ***** and giggles, here are some of the little tools that have kept me sane during my sobriety : my new laptop, LaCroix water, ordering books off Amazon , reading the books I ordered off Amazon.