Old 09-17-2016, 03:56 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
MrPL

Hi A-team!

It s good to be back and thanks everyone for the welcome messages. I had an amazing two weeks, half of it camping in the woods and the other half at a farm, campsites were very empty and quiet so I got to enjoy family and nature a lot.

Wife had half of one of those tiny wine bottles one night, then sipped my coke! It puzzled me how she managed to do that, she actually threw the other half away! Normal drinkers... didn't bother me though, we had a great night. A few pub lunches and smell of beer was slightly tempting, but didn't think about getting one at any point.

Being away from SR and all my recovery tools made me realise that I now have a established voice in my head that sounds louder than my AV and simply says that I no longer drink and that's cool. I have a wedding to go to in three weeks, we ll leave the kids with in laws and arrive the night before for a pre wedding party, and I am actually looking forward to being the sober one! Happy days!

Recovery plan projects restart on Monday, still lots to unpack tomorrow!

Now let's try and catch up with some of you, I ll get to everyone else soon, promise!

@ssg - glad you made it back here. Have you had a think about the reasons why you drank? Seems to me like both of your slips started casually (work party and the gig), there must be some little thought that triggers it, I think if you crack this one you ll avoid the next time. Also though the count has stated again the time you spent sober have already made you stronger, build up on that!

@Quincy - outdoors living rocks. It s been so peaceful to be close to nature and away from everything for the last two weeks, wish life could be more like that on a regular basis, need to think of a plan to make it happen.

@bexxed - awesome stuff! being away was always a trigger for me, this time thought I am also getting a kick from being the one not drinking, don't know, for the first time it feels more natural not to drink than the opposite.

@Zanna - don't give credit to the shops for being closed, I am sure if you really wanted a drink you could find one, staying sober was your choice and that's great!

@AJJ - welcome to the team!

@Elle - that s a great story! I am starting to realise that being open for good things to happen goes a long way towards actually making them happen. Sobriety helps so much with that! Inspiring stuff, keep up the good work!

@kgirl - thanks! It s great to be back!

Time to go to bed here, hope everyone had a great sober Saturday!

Mr P