Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Ooona

Originally Posted by Alloyedsuitor View Post
it all started with a round of golf and a beer. 14 hours later, here i am. staying in good spirits but i'm here for a reason. won't let this set back stop my goal.
Cuz no good story started with a glass of milk eh? ha!

You're alive, you've gained more valuable information and experience from this slip. Now if you are truly sick and tired of this whole mess, you and only you must make the decision, just for today to abstain.

I know you probably feel like crappola right now but theres somethings you can do and not even have to get off the couch.
Make that list I referred to earlier, keep hanging out here, read a ton of stories, posts, blogs whatever.
Read Bills Story in the Big Book ( you can purchase the Big Book, kindle edition on Amazon for less then 15.00!) and see if you can relate. Read the stories in the back. Read How It Works or the Doctors Opinion, all of this to make you feel that you are not alone and to give you hope! Im not huge into meetings but I have a sponsor and am working the first 4 steps. Others also use Smart Recovery, Celebrate Recovery, Life ring etc. Today you could just spent reading. If you get urges, come here and talk, read anything to distract yourself.

You're gonna do awesome! Hang with us and let us help you!