Old 09-17-2016, 05:52 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
bexxed

Welcome AJJ!

Good to see you again Mr P and lovehoops!

I'm also popping in quick.

I'm around a lot of people I don't know, being that I'm working out of town right now. Started telling them I don't drink. It's great. No one expects me to and it takes pressure off. Some guy was telling me last night where to go for whiskey and I actually interrupted with a smile and said "it sounds lovely but I don't drink." He sai "oh. Well that's silly, I guess you wouldn't like it then."

I'm on assignment so am working the weekend but am seeing a long lost family member tomorrow. They asked me if I wanted breweries or a vineyard and I said neither. So we are going on a boat down the river with the kids and I am looking forward to meeting relatives I've never seen before.

I know it's hard to stay sober when you're away from home because that is what people tell me and because it helped me get really bad, when I was on the road for a long time. So I'm coming here every day, although I don't always write a lot. Sometimes I'm just so tired. Most times I'm just reading because I don't know what to say.

It's what I'm able to do for recovery right now.

Grateful for you all.

Hope everyone has a good sober day!

B