Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 03:38 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Ooona

Originally Posted by Alloyedsuitor View Post
3 days in and was feeling VERY good and on track to break the pattern. ran about 30 miles this week, hit up the weights, did some bikrim yoga, passed on booze at my usual restaurant after yoga and went for the chocolate milk... then almost unconsciously slipped into the old bad habits and it went from 4pm to 4am(currently). no idea how i will finally break this pattern. back to square one. :/
Its alright. You just needed more proof is all and now that you have this incident and once you have sobered up a little bit you'll be able to use it as just another reason why you need to make lasting changes.

I think sometimes this simple program is harder for those of us who have experienced some level of success in our professional lives because we have so much control and power in that area that we try to exert it with our use and we just get beat up over and over until we realize the alcohol and/or drugs have complete control once we put them in our bodies. All of the intellectual skills you put into obtaining the CEO title and all the trappings that go with that, dont mean diddly squat when facing this opponent. We as human beings are no better then the lowest paid person on the totem pole ( watch that pride and ego when it comes to this illness.

Anyways, when you wake up and come out of that stupor I would suggest that you write down all of the ways that alcohol/drugs has negatively affected your life. Something about writing it down makes it more real, youll be surprised with your list.

Wishing only the best for you!