Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
goose333

Alloyedsuitor
If you were able to implement a policy in your company that would boost your sales for one day but then, you would have 3 or 4 days of horrible sales, would you do it? Of course not. So why do it to yourself? You're just like everyone else here. You're 3 days sober and feel good, so let's feel really good and have a few drinks. But you don't want that nice buzz to stop so just a little more... and then it's 4 in the morning. Consider that the actual pleasure of drinking lasts a very short time for us. An hour or two at most. Then we go way overboard and bamm. We need 3 days to recover. We feel like crap for those three days. Very small upside, huge downside. For me, it's just not worth it.
You think you feel very good after three days? You can't imagine how good you'll feel after a week, a month, two months. Yes, it gets better and better the longer we don't drink. Makes you wonder how much damage it must be doing to our bodies. When I stopped, I kept getting better and better even after months had passed. It was unbelievable. It's one of the things that kept me on track.
Anyway, you're a CEO. If you want to get from point A to point B in your company, what do you do? You make a plan. So make a plan for yourself. What will you do when you decide you'll just have one or two? How will you combat it? Implement the plan. If you fall off the wagon, modify the plan. Make it better. Pick yourself up & start over. Never give up. Never.
I want to see you reporting here how much better you feel as time passes. I want to see how amazed you are and how amazing the human body can feel when it's not floating in booze. If you really want this, and I think you do, you can do it. Start over right now and NEVER GIVE UP!