View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 12:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hpdw

7 days till holiday

I remember posting 5 weeks ago reporting it was 6 weeks till I go to Holland well doesn't time fly . now it is one week and looking forward to it so much.
going to spend the next 3 days sorting the garden( in between babysitting) out as the summer bedding is almost finished .
In the past I would look at this as a negative but I have been practicing a new mindset around Autumn / winter approaching . I am going to buy some autumn plants today and use them as a metaphor signalling fresh start ,new ideas .
I serviced my bike yesterday and thought back to the last time I fixed a puncture I was in withdrawals of about 3 days and it was pure hell , I couldn't think ,was angry ,sweating and much more . not the case today i changed a tube , adjusted the brakes,gears ,oiled this and that with a radio humming beside me feeling happy and positive.
I have 2 brothers who are ill which is not so good but there nothing I can do except offer words of encouragement . I have offered my services to one brother with regards to tidying his garden , grocery shopping .

I am babysitting my year old grandson today with joy peace and love in my heart .
I am so happy to be reporting 128 days sober and so grateful for this wonderful site .
To those in very early days of recovery please know that it gets better and it is all so worth it .