Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 04:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ooona

Good morning and welcome!

I am an alcoholic but before my alcoholism reared its ugly head I was the mother of two children with the illness. I actually began using alcohol as a way to cope with the worry, fear, frustration of dealing with their progressively worse condition. One of the things I think I did as family member is to try to control the use and associated behaviors. Of course I did this out of love for them, if I could just figure out how to orchestrate change, if I could just find the key to their patterns or how best to fix the situations....All would be well, our family would be fixed! In the process, I know I drove myself bat sh** crazy and everyone else too! Oh, its such an exhausting endeavor and one that I dont think I ever saw positive results from. By the time I finally started to attend support groups I was mentally and emotionally and physically exhausted,
The groups ( I attend Naranon) were very helpful, not in figuring out my addicts but in giving me tons of support, and I continue attending today.
I would urge you to get some help and support from resources here and other online places or locate support groups in your area. They have ben invaluable in helping me to grow in that area but also in offering support for me when some life changing crisis struck in my life.

Welcome here to SR! You dont have to leave the New comers area, you can continue to hang out here with us while still checking out the friends and family area as well!!

Best wishes for healing for you and your family!

Last edited by Ooona; 09-16-2016 at 04:36 AM. Reason: Changing WE to I .