View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 01:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kgr103110

30 days tomorrow... First near-relapse

I haven't posted in a while... Life has been sort of uneventful, which isn't a bad thing. I'm officially 30 days sober tomorrow.

So I have a story to share. It's more of a rant, actually. There's nothing I can do about this situation, and it really burns me up... As a result, I thought (seriously) about drinking for the first time this afternoon, and that kind of scares me.

Today there was a goat wandering around our neighborhood. We live in the suburbs and nowhere near any sort of farm or zoo, so this was odd. He had a bell hanging around his neck and was just walking around aimlessly.

A whole bunch of neighbors were out on the street talking about what to do. One had just called the police and announced that she had information: The goat had escaped from some cult that was going to slaughter it in a ritual sacrifice. The cops told this neighbor to try to contain the goat in one of our yards, and animal control would come pick it up.

So my husband joined a few guys who were trying to coax the goat off the street. They were just sort of following him around, and if they got close, the goat would run off a bit. I saw my husband talking to an elderly couple that live a few houses down and pointing towards the goat. I didn't think anything of it.

I was outside sweeping the front walk and waiting for my husband to come back. A cop car pulled up at the elderly couple's house while he was gone. The officer was still there when my husband came home about twenty minutes later.

My husband told me the goat went into the woods behind the neighborhood and that's as far as he would follow him. Another neighbor across the street was sitting on her porch waiting for more info about the goat, so we talked to her for a few minutes. Then the police officer came to our house.

We thought it was about the goat, and it sort of was. The elderly couple filed a police report against my husband because they believed he was part of the cult that wanted to sacrifice the goat. They told the cops he was trying to catch the goat to finish this ritual.

My husband is foreign. They reported him because he has an accent. We've lived in this neighborhood over two years.

I'm really, really pissed.

End of rant.