Old 09-15-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Lightning Bug
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post

Part of recovery, IMO, is being substance-free (this could mean anything that replaces our alcohol abuse to cope!) all around, except under the things a dr prescribes to US, whether on the regular or as needed in special circumstances like surgery/pain/such, also done under honest communication and supervision.

Please take this seriously and address it ASAP in the honest way already suggested. You can do it.
I won't ever be considered clean at NA. I am prescribed a cocktail of psych meds that were chosen after years of trial and error. These meds finally work for me. One of them is controlled, Adderall for my ADHD. My husband locks it up in a safe and he gives me my dose every day. This med gets normal people high. But to people who really have ADHD this drug calms them down, gets rid of racing thoughts, and relaxes their hyperactivity.

NA would say that it is a mind-altering drug and by taking it I am not clean. Even though I take it as prescribed. And I am prescribed it. Then because of that I would be asked not to share.

To be honest with you, the only thing I care about is me not drinking and not taking benzos. People can call me clean, they can say I am not clean, they can call me sober or not, they can say I am not in real recovery. It doesn't matter to me. I just never want to be drunk or stoned off benzos ever again.

Thank you for urging me to take it seriously. I am taking it very seriously. I could have blown this off and never tell anyone about it. But I didn't. And I am working on my plan to devise better strategies for dealing with impulsive behavior.