Old 09-15-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
August252015

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Do you have a professional you can work with on this Bug? Sometimes we are not strong enough to keep from making these mistakes, it is our impulsive addictions.
If the temptation even rises again, I'd come clean in real life and be very honest about it and have someone else handle the medication
(me, too) There are measures that can and should be put in place if you find yourself falling prey to temptation. I am very honest about what I am doing with my meds and I am monitored by my pharmacy.
I would use RIGOROUS HONESTY with yourself and with your husband regarding this. It's nothing to be ashamed of going forward- taking ownership by handling the responsibility to someone else to keep yourself safe is a GOOD call and is taking the reins and being strong.

Please think carefully about the difference between how you posted your resolution to this incident and the words posted here. I understand the good intention in your post. But part of the plan for future safety would be to come clean and be honest because we all know how well resolutions made in an and kept solely in an addict's brain turn out in the long run.

Please Bug, take care of you. And your family. Absolutely no judgment from me. You are doing well. But I always think we need to be honest with ourselves and call things for what they are.

And great job of 77 days of sobriety!
^^^This, every word. I highlighted the parts I feel about most strongly. I too take a number of meds and my dr rules the regimen on that, and I follow. I had one time where I got mixed up on taking which ones/right away and went straight to her so we could untangle what I'd done, count and get back on the plan. That wasn't intentional, but I was honest and asked for help.

Part of recovery, IMO, is being substance-free (this could mean anything that replaces our alcohol abuse to cope!) all around, except under the things a dr prescribes to US, whether on the regular or as needed in special circumstances like surgery/pain/such, also done under honest communication and supervision.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a relapse....technically....but it is the edge of a slippery slope that could quickly get you justifying....drinking. That's not what you want at all!

Please take this seriously and address it ASAP in the honest way already suggested. You can do it.