Old 08-14-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
waterface

22 days & so what, it won't bring her back, or will it?

Hi,
Its been 22 days since my last drink, the shock of my gf telling me she wanted space & it hit home that i may lose her, all the false promises, immaturity, coldness, chances, complacency, it all means nothing now.
I told her 22 days ago after my wake up call, that i'd go to the doc & see alcohol advisory & do something.
That space she wanted was so that she could see this other guy she met (as i drove her to it) & me at the same time & then make a decision.
I didn't drink, only 1 beer with my dad before i got the bus, but i did that to show myself that that 1 beer wouldn't start it off again & it didn't.
We went out a fiew tmes during day 1-7 of my abstinence, i didn't drink & we had great times!
15 days ago she went on holiday with her family, then came back & told me she wanted out.
She didn't believe i could keep it up & hold a responsible future. Saying this has gutted me & i'm a mess, i haven't drank, but i've been so depressed, crying & upset.
Sat night was the first night she was with him after telling me, so i know they were intimate & it's killing me.
I love her to bits, i want to show her my commitment to stopping, her & family.
Why is it always too late??
Hopefully, as she has said, we will meet for coffees & she can see that way. Whilst with her for 18 months, i never went 22 days, now i have, she's with another & to make it woorse, he's 10 years younger & has more going for him!
So, so upset & can't get them out of my mind, mornings are worst, i just don't wanna wake up!
Gaz