View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ConfusedDaily

Hey guys,

Thank you for all the love and support. Just to clarify some things:

Yes, his parents knew. They just chose not to say anything/do anything to help him... Not their fault, I think everyone turns a blind eye when they see things they don't want to see. The therapist said (in my meeting with her and myself alone) that I did the right thing. He is now going to be held accountable for his actions.

We do not have children together, and never will. We both dislike children.

UPDATE:
He went to detox, he was supposed to check in on Friday. However, the facility where I made his appointment didn't take him. So, I talked to the therapist (luckily, she is available 24/7 through text). She then made him an appointment for Saturday at 0900 an hour away from where we live. We wake up early and go. They take him in and I drive myself to my parents house. I can't stand being in an empty house all alone (we do have a pupperson). I also called his work and let them know that he will be in detox/rehab, and he will not be in this week.

Around 4PM he calls me from the rehab/detox facility and says he doesn't need to be here. I then texted the therapist and she said don't answer if he calls again.

Sunday around 1PM he calls and I missed it. He called again around 4PM and says he's being released/discharged. And I'm like okay, I will come get you. I then (out of caution) text the therapist and tell her this. She said they DO NOT DISCHARGE patients on Sundays.... Especially not Sunday night. I was about 4 hours away at this time. I start driving back to the area where we live. And the therapist sent me the # for the facility. I call and got a hold of the nurse that was taking care of him and she was CONFUSED! He was not being discharged, he wanted to leave on his own will. So I tell her to please have him call me.

He calls and says he doesn't need to be here, he's being discharged. I told him that the therapist confirmed with his nurse that he is not being discharged... He is leaving on his own will. I told him I will not be picking him up, he needs to stay there. He says back that he will hitchhike back to our house -_____-.

By now its like 6PM, starting to get dark and he TEXTS me from his phone. He left the facility. We go back and forth, he hung up on me multiple times and its now 8PM. I come home and throw away all of his beer bottles, all the trash. Then I feel bad for leaving him out in the streets so I call him and apologize. I talked him into checking back in and they said no to him coming back. They told him he only needed a bed to crash for the night and that he doesn't want help.

I go and pick him up. He feels like a complete failure, he is pale and heartbroken. He looked very fatigued. We talked about a plan the whole way home. He said this is the longest time he has been sober, it's going to take a lot of willpower to keep going. And, I wholeheartedly agree with him.

We met with the therapist this morning. He needs to continue to be sober for 30+ days before she can evaluate if he has a mental issues or not. I am really hoping that this is it. He is just done...

His work also called him and told him he is no longer allowed to use any of the company vehicles, forklifts and things of that nature. They will watch him count his cash drawer.... They will pretty much babysit him and of course, that blow-back fell on me. I'm the most terrible person because I didn't want him to lose his job for not calling/not showing up. I feel like there is no winning