Thread: Wedding shower
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ooona

What Miss Perfumando said right here: "Comparing outselves to other people leads to either arrogance or resentment. (I know because I have to stop myself from doing it too!) I find gratitude for what I have is a good antidote. It shuts up the judge-y voice in my head." Very powerful stuff right there and SPOT ON for me and maybe you also?

Im a bit behind you in regards to sobriety but one thing I have realized is that with our drug of choice ( alcohol) there is no hole to climb into really, to escape the barrage of suggestions that alcohol is ok, acceptable and yes even glamourous, but we know different dont we? Somehow my nights didnt turn out like those attrative models and actresses/actors in the TV commercials, billboards, magazine ads. Yeah....No, my nights and days with alcohol were pretty damn ugly/sad/sick etc. Some may be able to have that but Im not one of them and you know what? Im actually OK with today. Maybe we just need to get to some place of acceptance ya know?

I know in the course of my life, Ive drank more then probably 100 'normal' drinkers in theirs. Ive had my fair share and Im ok now with just being done.

Blessings to you.