View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MIRecovery
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Fantastic post MIR. One I think a lot of newcomers need to hear.
Definitely a process and a journey that is different for all of us.
The basic fundamentals are the same, such as the drink has to stop before we try figuring out what we were trying to fill inside ourselves.
But we all have a different path that brings us here and we find our own path in our own time (hopefully) on the other side. The line in the sand remains the same no matter what. Or door closing.

I've accepted that I can't drink anymore. I drew the line in the sand, then still toed it. When one had me writhing on the floor in pain, I figured my body had had enough and then it was easy for me. I had to try the one or two a few times before I accepted my body hates alcohol. Now my brain is ok with it too

I don't suffer the fog so much as a tunnel vision. Scraping away the layers of crap I shat on my life makes me want to keep my focus square on staying sober and taking care of myself as best I can for now. Like you said, the rest of the work will come as I continue forward. And I have faith that it will get better.

Thanks for posting this. You are a wise, kindhearted gentleman.
When I talk about the fog I think more than anything else I am referring to realizing the role that alcohol had played in my life. It had tainted virtually aspect of my existence. The longer I was sober the drunker I realized I was