View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kissedbyfire

He's so confusing

This kind of an update to my post moment of weakness:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-weakness.html
Basically states that in the last three weeks of his sobriety, he's been pretty distant from me.

My RA fiance got home from work last night after a 12 hour shift. He came through the door wanting to chat about his day etc. When we settled on the couch after DD went to bed, he was trying to be closer with me. He was very mindful of my feelings and how I wanted to spend the evening. I got a little sick before bed (I don't think dinner was agreeing with me) and he took the dog out, tidied the kitchen and got our bed ready. He was being very thoughtful and sweet and consoling me when I wasn't feeling well. Half way through the night I woke up to him spooning me (we haven't slept like that in well over a year).

I woke this morning to him making me a coffee, DD was already fed, and our dog had been walked.

All day he's been trying to be cuddly, playing with my hair, rubbing my back, asking if there's anything I'd like to do and trying to ensure he's not "boring" me.
He's asked if I'm upset with him and I'm just acting how I've been acting for what seems like a week now. Minding my business and doing my thing and being cordial and kind. I'm not being weird- but different than I was three weeks ago.

It feels like he's being very codependent abd worried about me or upsetting me. He's being so sweet and thoughtful.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone or we've totally reversed rolls. I haven't been acting mad or like I'm upset with him. We joke and still talk about things very normally.

What the heck is going on?