View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 06:00 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
stargazer016
Quit 4/17/15

That's awesome that you have set up a blog. Many folks have kept journals while quitting. PM me a link if you get a chance, Cauli!

Sorry about the nasty cold. Already got my flu shot this year. Usually, they aren't around until late October. I have gotten one every year since getting a horrible flu about 15 years back.

I am a big podcast fan, especially since I now have a long commute back and forth to work. I discovered one called "Recovery Elevator" where the host has roughly our sobriety time and he has a guest each show recounting their struggles with alcohol. Since I never did AA nor attended a meeting, it is powerful to hear the struggles others have had.

My AV has been dusted up a bit with work and home stress. No urge to drink but just the idea of having to deal with drinking thoughts abstractly is annoying. I even awoke to a drinking dream where my Dad and I were sitting at a bar drinking beers. I am going to focus on eating well and trying to get as much sleep as my job allows. The shortening days this time of year tend to kick my SAD up a bit too. Thankfully, not drinking virtually wiped out my usual depression last fall and winter. Not waking up with a black cloud over my head every morning is one of the best tools in my sober toolbox.

I hope everyone not in retail enjoys the weekend!