Old 09-09-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  
kk1k5x

Day 9 is done for me.
You guys, struggling with it (as am I, throughout the day) - when you get a little bit of time under your belt, as in a week or so, most of the physical stuff goes away, right. By that I mean the immediate disgust with myself after drinking 20 instead of 2, the stomach problems, sweating, nausea etc.
But then the craving monster shows up and you're feeling fine (physically), almost like there was never any issue with alcohol to begin with. One doesn't hurt right? The brain is just so messed up. I'm glad someone referred me to HALT (hungry, angry, lonely, tired - you can also list thirsty). Two days in a row now it has been the knowledge that helped me avert a disaster. Yesterday it was hunger, today it was thirst and tiredness. Had I not been aware that these things massively increase cravings, I would have walked straight into a bar and slammed more than a few of their most unforgiving drinks.
Went to a lecture today, then dinner with family, then movie night. It felt awesome to be the only PhD student among the fresh master's people hehe - so obviously the brain felt that 'well, you've had a productive day, it's friday none the less, go have a drink!'.
Nope, didn't happen. Got a coke instead, went on the bus and by the time I got home, all the stores were closed.

Sorry to hear about the mishap Bowski, keep on getting up and trying again. If you shoot and miss, then at least you took the shot - if you never shoot, you'll always miss.