Thread: Day 365!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 08:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
MrSmith

Originally Posted by GetMeOut View Post
Excellent job on a year of sobriety! Parts of your story sound identical to mine. Feels great to leave that madness behind, doesn't it?
Yes it does, it always helped me to know that my story was similar to others...because having those similar details confirmed to me that I did have a problem.

Because before I realized that I had a problem, and admitted it to myself, I would think that I was actually really in control, but unfortunately this "one time" I accidentally drank too much (can you believe it ) and I acted like an ass. So if I don't do that next time - I will be fine, thus, I really don't have a problem. It was just this one time......

I would think, well if I don't "accidentally" go over that imaginary limit of drinks where I am going to act like an ass, I will be fine. That stupid logic kept me drunk with a huge problem for years. The major flaw in that logic is that it starts with the sober mind trying to tell the drunk mind what to do. "Ok drunk mind, you only can have 10.24433452 drinks, if you do that, you will be fine, no one will ever know". Like that was ever really going to happen....