View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
LifeRecovery

My ex had looked into it about three years before. He was pretty sure he had it. My brother lives with it so as soon as he said it to me it resonated and I could recognize the similarities in how I acted around both of them.

He read some of the material earlier in this post and had some success, but it was challenging for him to sustain. I struggled because his successes were often about work, and he still struggled to implement them at home.

Then it all kind of came to a head in 2010. He lost his dad late 2009. His binge drinking increased, work was harder for him again, an affair started up, and looking back now it was all a big avalanche/slide. I can't tease apart what impacted what but looking back now ADD/ADHD was a big part of the mix.

They say lots of people realize they have it when their child gets diagnosed, why not with a documentary! Learning about it has helped me SO much in my relationships (I have at least three people in my life with it), and it has helped me because my "helping" feelers get activated in general around ADD/ADHD because it is so "familiar," from my childhood.