Thread: New to the Site
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberLifeForMe

New to the Site

Hello. This is my first post, although I've been reading for the better portion of a year. I'm ready for change. Drinking used to be fun. Now, there's absolutely nothing fun about it.

I want to feel good again, look good again, and be present for my family again. Joining this site is one of the steps I'm taking. I'm also re-kindling some old hobbies I used to do to help occupy my time, and will be looking at AA options. Unfortunately, attending a meeting near my home wouldn't be prudent, due to a very high possibility of being recognized, so I'll be looking at options near my work.

I did attend meetings for a few months a couple years ago. I liked some aspects, but disliked others, but am willing to give it another try. If that doesn't work, I'll look into the online AA meetings I've seen mentioned here.

Things need to change, and I'm willing to put in the effort. I'm excited to finally reach out to the fine people on these forums and ask for the help and support I so desperately need. Have a great day!