Old 09-05-2016, 03:30 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
BeFree1971

SomeSortOfHuman - Have you written down all the reason you want to quit, bad and good? I'm keeping that list in my purse and re-reading as needed.

AcornToOak - I was sweating super bad before I quit and it's stopped. I cut back a lot in August, but didn't give it up all together until 8/31 (but I like 9/1 like kkik5 and I didn't stop drinking until 5am on 9/1). I wish the pins and needles would, but since I walked 4 miles this am I'm not feeling it yet. Also, I've been super unproductive as far as things I need to get done. Hoping all that passes soon.

CountrySideGirl - I wish I knew the answer to that. Have you Googled it?

I survived the tubing trip, but it helped that only a couple of people had a beer in my group (can't say that for everyone else on the river today) and most of the group didn't drink. Until lately, I would have been irritated that everyone wasn't getting hammered. It was so nice to drive home, not have to worry about the cops and know I had a good time without drinking.

So I made a new Kodak moment as kkik5 referred to it and realize I can have fun without drinking. Couple of times today, I could smell it on other people, see how hard they were chasing that buzz and felt kind of bad for them. It felt good to be sober and was surprised how much I like it.

Anyway, we can make new memories Can't say I'm anywhere close to being able to go to a party or hangout at a restaurant with friends as they drink. Not sure when that will be the case, but I was glad to enjoy a sober day.