View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Berrybean

Originally Posted by CajunPrincess View Post
So my coworker was reading a newspaper about the free fall events that will be going on in town the next couple months, and I decided to check it out myself. I kept thinking to myself "oh this seems fun for my weekends when I'm trying to stay sober rather than sitting at home in the silence." And then I think to myself "well crap, I really don't have any friends to go with me." That sucks. I'm not trying to throw a pity party or gain sympathy, but the last few sober weekends have been terrible because I'm sitting at home by myself doing nothing. Can't really go to AA meetings at 10 o lock at night. I'm used to being alone and comfortable with that. But now I need people and don't really have anyone. It's been like this for much of my life and I'm certain I will pick up again tonight.
I think that's why it's good to connect with sober friends outside of meetings as well. Often it shuts for coffee or a walk out somewhere, but then when there are events it's good to have someone that I can text or call and say "hey, fancy coming to ....... with me?" It's worth making an effort to initiate these support networks. Meetings are just the start of the fellowship can become.

Glad you didn't take that drink. Please get those beers out of temptations way though.