Old 09-05-2016, 08:05 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
AcornToOak

Day 8

Whoah, made it through a week! Crazy thing? Earlier yesterday I was so proud and thinking this is the new me. By end of day I thought I deserved a reward drink. My AV is crazy. That's so illogical. I pushed through with a bath. I convinced myself I've been there, done that. Try this now. I also had a crazy conversation on my head telling myself to trust "us" that "we" made this decision in a rational mind and trust "she" knows what she's doing versus my mindset at that moment. So maybe I'm going crazy, but crazy me is more sane.

What is up with the sweating? I had that on day 4 and/or 5. After I thought I was clean without any symptoms. I felt fine, but also drenched. Anyone know what that is?

The long weekend was psychologically rough for me (guess not over yet). I did a ton, but maybe too much. I need to be careful my new dedication to healthy eating, exercise, not smoking (also day 8) doesn't get lumped into a house of cards. I won't lump them all together. I will eat candy and sit on my butt before I mess with this. Funny how so many of us can try to be healthy while poisoning ourselves.

Anyhow, really irritated with everyone right now. Thought I'd be celebrating a week, but more annoyed than I was last week. Won't deter me. For those starting out, thus momentary irritability is still so much better than spending the day making plans to quit in the future while knowing by end of day I'd be reaching for one.

We got this September (and late August)! Welcome those taking first steps, returning, or holding on one more day. Here's to the journey of healing. It's not a straight line, but at least it moves forward!