Old 09-05-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
BeFree1971

Good Morning It's going to be another beautiful day here and I'm going tubing with some people from my outdoors club (only club I've ever joined in my life, not a club person really). I love the outdoors and haven't done anything with this group in over a year. My addictions took over so bad, I had lost my interest in my hobbies ... really lost interest in living life. So happy to be present again.

I know my AV is going to be a *itch today. I've decided to be more careful about what I commit to for the next few months (but I do have to attend a party on the 25th, dear friends letting everyone know they ran off and got married )

I'm going to the doctor this week about my hand and while I'm getting the x-rays, I'm going to tell him about my battle quitting drinking. I want to get the Antabuse as well. Days I know I have to attend social engagements, I want to take it in the am to assist me fighting the AV later. Anyone ever tried that? In the mornings I'm solid with the fight now, but closer to the event my AV has won in the past.

I was drinking a half gallon of liquor every 2-3 days (I'm 5'3 about 130 lbs, so a crazy amount) after years of practice, starting as soon as I woke up this past year. I had to leave my job of 12 years due many bad family problems, so I was very depressed and had lots more time to drink which made me suicidal (or at least thinking about it, wishing for the pain to end). Would start when I woke. In August when I got the family stuff wrapped up the best I could and was about to come back to Atlanta, I decided it was time to really make a change or give up on life. About to start looking for work again which also is a big factor. I got my AV under control as far as drinking alone, but I thought I could still drink in social settings. I was so wrong about that. I can't control my intake at all when I drink. After I few major hangovers again, I Googled "how to not drink in social settings" and I found SR's website. Best thing that I have done so far in my battle. When I read about AV, I was so glad I wasn't crazy ... the voice in my head has a name

Anyway, sorry to write so much, but felt like sharing a bit more about why I'm here. And would love to hear about any experiences with Antabuse.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday and we stay strong. Love my Sept Class