View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Fairychild

Detox Relapse question

Hey there. I feel shameful even typing this but I need help. I recently was in a detox program for two weeks, I was discharged last Friday. I relapsed and drank a little bit last night and tonight for the holiday. By a little, I mean three beers and like two glasses of wine in total each night over a total of about 8 hours. That is still, I'm sure, a full relapse. Especially two nights in a row. I plan on DEFINITELY not drinking for a long time. I am sending this because I am scared of having withdrawal symptoms.

After drinking for two nights after not drinking for three weeks, am I likely to experience any variation of withdraw? Today I just felt hung over and now I feel sick and slightly anxious. If anyone could tell me I would really really appreciate it. My alcohol withdrawals were terrifying the first time and were what made me check myself into the detox unit in the first place...I'm ashamed that I relapsed so quickly, but I really want to know what to expect...because I'm really scared.