Old 09-04-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
alwayswaiting16

Thank you all for your tips on Alanon and other referrals for help as I journey through this.

I am still gathering my thoughts as I prepare to talk to my fiance. Thank you all for the support and additional things to think about as I do this.

I definitely want to go into this level-headed, informed and prepared.

In all honesty, I do not "hope" for a positive outcome. Yes, of course I would be happy if my fiance was 100% on board and we continued into sobriety together, but my heart and head both tell me one of two things will happen. I will lay out an ultimatum and my fiance will get defensive and defer the conversation from being productive, therefore I will have to be strong and go forward with ending it. Maybe weeks or months later after not being together, he will realize the severity of his choices, and want to talk and get sober (on his own). OR he will agree to stop his drinking, but will not follow-through in the coming months, and I will have to be strong and go forward with in ending it (one more strike and you're out). I cannot see any situation beyond these two happening - and both end up with us not being together. It greatly saddens me, but I still feel like there is no other option.

Thank you all again for your continued thoughtfulness and prayers.