View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 06:23 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

When I was 27 my now xAH, and then A boyfriend (who I did not realize was an A) who I had been dating for 5 years and believed at the time I was madly in love with (bc of his dark, artist, philosopher side and the potential I saw in him), ended things with me...

I was DEVASTATED.

But I had friends around me (and we lived many hours apart) and I was forced to stay social and spend time with friends etc...

I started dating a friend, someone lovely I taught with and he was a gem (and nice to me at that time ='d boring).

x BF would call now and then and the LESS interested I was in him, and the happier I was with my own life apart from him, the more he wanted to get back together...

The happiest time of my life was when I was not with him during the 6 month break we had...

I stupidly did go back to him, got married, had kids and divorced him after a prolonged, abusive, horrible battle....

My point in this story is that his ending this relationship, is a gift to you-- it does not feel that way now, it hurts, you feel abandoned, broken, conflicted etc...

I get it... All too well.

When you are inclined to call him, call someone else, post here, text a friend.

Please do not do what I did and start a new life and get your head together after years with an addict and then when he sees you are stronger, he sucks you back in.

Can you possibly change your number or block his so that there is NO chance for on going contact?

I feel, reading your post, that I am reading what I could have written nearly 20 yrs ago...

I wish I had had a resource like this to keep me from diving back into the addict chaos after our break up...

Hang in there and post often! We are here for you!