View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SweatyHands
Brother of the Wolf

Today was a bit tougher. We went to take the train to Denver, and the train left the station as we were walking to the platform, and the next train was not for an hour. So, my stepfather threw a temper tantrum. I just got everyone back in the truck and went to the local farmer's market to kill some time. While there, I ended up getting a chair massage, which was a nice surprise. Then we went back to the train station and got to Denver. Then, and this is where it gets fun, we went to a street fair. I was surrounded by thousands of people, and I started to get kind of anxious. And then, I was treated to another tantrum from the stepfather. This was a bit much for me, and I started having a panic attack. But, I convinced everyone that we should walk back to the train. I was able to use this opportunity to do some walking meditation, and by the time we got on the train, I was pretty much back to my normal level of general discomfort in public. It wasn't fun, but I made it sober. And now it's time to sleep so we can do it again tomorrow.