View Single Post
Old 09-03-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gbriezy

Thank you for your responses. I know he did me a favor by ending it. I have to believe that some day I'm capable of finding a guy who at least some of the time, puts my needs first. Someone who cares about their own health. Someone who wants to go out into the world with me rather than drinking himself into a stupor every night with his guitar.

And if I'm honest with myself, I don't like the person I've become over the last six years. I've become bitter and resentful. I've said the most horrible things to someone I love out of complete and utter despair, frustration and anger. It's become a horrible cycle of guilt.

I need to be alone for a while. He's moving out of our apartment by the end of the month (I've been staying at my parents). I'm scared to live alone and to hear so much silence. I don't know what I'll do with myself because so much of me has been dedicated to him. But when I really think about it, so little of him has been dedicated to me over the years. I have no idea how all of these years have past me by.