Old 09-02-2016, 07:10 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
LostLilly

Originally Posted by BeFree1971 View Post
Hello

I found SR today and have been reading posts and articles on the site most of the day. I've been trying to get sober for awhile now on my own, but haven't made it more than a few days here and there. Even now that I realize I have to stop, I have no control, I deserve to be happy (and want to be the best person I can be for myself and others), it's killing me inside and out, ... and so forth ... I'm still failing in social situations. I'll do okay for a couple of days and then think I can handle hanging out with friends, but I end up on a bender...wasted..wasting the next day...wasting my life away.

I could give so many reasons I hate my addiction (like having a broken thumb right now), but I'd be writing a book. I would like to say thank you SR for not making me feel so alone and thank you for the information and tips I've picked up today. I feel like I have a better shot a being successful and have more tools to assist me. I wish all of us a sober, healthy life and keep up the good work
I have had my share of drunk injuries too!! Remember that if you stay sober it never has to happen again!!! Stay strong!!