Old 09-02-2016, 06:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Elicia08

Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
Thanks! I need to hear that. I am not craving, but I am a bit down. Its been a tough week plus I drank. Now I am realizing how much I used alcohol to cope with negative feelings, either to cheer me up or to blot them out. It was mentioned in the August class. I don't want a drink but now I am thinking, in the past you would open a bottle when you felt low. I guess over the coming days and weeks I will have to find other ways to cope rather than drinking. I think bit by bit I am learning more about how complex quitting drink is. Have a good Friday wherever you are!
(((Lassie))). When I have been feeling low (plenty in the past 26 days...) I have come here and posted about what I was feeling. The relief wasn't quite as instantaneous as having a drink (or 20) would have been, but it helped tremendously to hear that there were others who were struggling just as much or more than I was. And they were dealing with it without turning to booze. Don't let your slip bring you down. It's okay as long as you learn from it and keep trying!!