View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SweatyHands
Brother of the Wolf

Flexing Sober Muscles

So, my parents are in town visiting, and staying with us for five(!) days. My mother is extremely narcissistic and will casually hand out passive-aggressive insults if she isn't getting enough attention. And my step father is very rude, irrational, and drinks like a fish. We went out to dinner tonight when they showed up, and of course, he was drinking, and at this altitude, he was fairly buzzed fairly quickly. I have already told them that I don't mind them drinking in my home, as long as they aren't getting wasted. I think tomorrow morning, I'm going to reemphasize that rule. And, if that doesn't work for them, there are hotels all around here where they can stay.

But, day one down, and I was a little stressed and anxious, but nothing I couldn't talk/breathe through. Tomorrow, we're spending the day in Boulder, so... I might be popping on here for some support from a bathroom on my cell phone. Regardless, I made it one day, and the tools I have worked on in my therapist's office are working in the "real world."