View Single Post
Old 09-01-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
gleefan

Stargazer - Nice job on 500 days.

Fartogo - Great work on 17 months.

Andy - Congrats on 40 months. How did the bed turn out?

Dharma - It's really cool that you're reaping he rewards of ongoing sobriety with the school board appointment. I'm glad you find your position gratifying. I started finding it gratifying when I was meeting my responsibilities freely, without expectations of anything in return.

IP - I'm sorry to hear that the break up has you feeling down. As far as your friend/roommate, I find that enjoying the good and gently detaching from the bad keeps me healthy. One of my biggest regrets is creating a fissure with my college roommate after we were done with school and working when she didn't meet my expectations. I was unreasonably demanding, and took a break. When I decided I had enough of a break, I was upset that she wanted nothing more to do with me. I wish I had let cooler heads prevail and tried to see her point of view. It's one of those losses that I couldn't have avoided, given how deep I was in toxic, self centered, alcoholic thoughts and behaviors at the time. I blew it. I've come to accept it's a friendship I'll never get back, but I still get a twinge over the loss from time to time.

Itchy - Thinking of you and I hope everything turns out ok.

Suze - Congrats on the good news.

Wolf - Hang in there.

I'm off to dreamland. Have a good one overs!