View Single Post
Old 08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

He is REALLY losing it!!

He leaves Monday (please Lord!!) for a year.He's been calling and leaves sobbing messages on the answering machine every day.

"I'm so scared! I'm gonna miss you, I love you!" and sometimes he just leaves messages where he's just crying really hard in the background.

I'm not calling him. I really don't want to talk to him or say "good-bye" because it would be a dramatic thing and yeah, honestly.....a little hard for me to say.

I can listen to his messages and not get all upset. I think he wants me to be, but I'm not. I'm sure he IS scared, but this is his shot at a 2nd chance in his life to turn it all around and how many people get that? He's not looking at it in that way, I'm sure, but it is better than jail!!

I just keep praying that he goes through with this. Once he gets there....he won't be able to talk to or see family for about 2 weeks and then won't be able to use a phone (won't get his cell phone.....YAY!!!) until he "phases" up to phase 3 which takes atleast 6 months.

It's an awesome program. Beautiful place out in the country with horses and pigs and cattle. Farming to do. They teach them skills on the internet. Once he gets out, they'll help him get a car, help him pay his rent wherever he moves to and helps him find a job. What more could ya ask for? PLUS, a new sober for a year....life.

Please keep him in your prayers! For his sake.