View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 01:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gottalife
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

One of the most hellish times of my drinking was the first geographical to a small country town where everybody was called Alan. My reputation preceeded me a bit, and it wasn't long before each day at work became a battle, sometimes physical. Oneday I got in my little car to drive home, it was just an old bomb and two Alans put a hose in the window and soaked me. A few nights later I found my little car covered in used sump oil. It was awful.

Why do people do things like that? There was me an upstanding meber of the community -NOT. I had already stolen a car while drunk, which I think work knew about and didn't like -obviously- I had also pinched all the booze the young apprentice had, and refused to give it back. God nows what I said to them after hours if we met socially.

It was a horrible time and I still don't like that town. But looking at it honestly, I think they gave me a fair chance, and I blew it. In AA we say made decisions based on self which later put me in a position to be hurt. And that was about the size of it.

Eventually getting arrested for that car theft was one of the events that pushed me towards recovery.