Thread: Why I drink...
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 12:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Katzen

Originally Posted by Katzen View Post
Recently was drinking half a bottle of vodka a day, but when I had a half 4 days ago I filled the rest with water and swigged from that, then when it got to half refilled it with more water. It's day 4 and I'm too sleepy to do the math, but I still have half a bottle, it's mostly water by now. I can barely taste the alcohol but it still seems to work to calm me down. I've also started drinking a lot of decaf tea, hoping to replace my desire for alcohol with the taste of tea.
Was just laying in bed listening to crickets and thinking about how little alcohol is left in that bottle and realized I've been adding water 6 days, not 4. Felt rather proud of myself.

Then felt something against my leg, thought it was my husband's hairy leg, but nope. Hope I wasn't starting hallucinations, just the thought of that makes me feel anxious. Then felt a pain in my leg, followed by swelling and intense itching, and have what looks like 2 small teeth marks in my leg... I freaked out because I assumed spider (and no, I wasn't hallucinating, my husband agrees it looks like a spider bite).

Now I'm horrified, refuse to go back to bed as my husband couldn't find it, and I REALLY want a drink but only have my very watered-down vodka and husband's bourbon, which I absolutely hate. Determined to make it through the night, will be reading through these forums until I can fall asleep on the sofa.

Thanks to everyone who shares their stories, nice to know I'm not alone in this struggle.