View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
EightyThree

Hey Merotti. Nice to meet you.

Your story reminds me of myself. I'm 33 but my drinking from 18-26 was, I guess you can say manageable. By manageable I mean I didn't get myself in so much trouble that My life was in turmoil. I did a lot of travelling. Went to Australia and south east Asia for a year. Then I came back and in my late 20's I lost control. I got a DUI, lost jobs, lashed out at family events and my answer was a geographical cure (wherever I go, there I am) I tried AA and a residential treatment program basically for the court and to quiet my family. I liked AA but I made the mistake of working at a fishing resort for the summer away from my support system. I was then in a geographical tornado of drinking and losing jobs. I was always well liked having worked at mostly resorts but I would cross the line with drinking and get fired. I have been in and out of sobriety since 2009 and even had a year and a half before. Then I got complacent and thought it would be ok and that I could moderate. Well guess what, I got fired from a good job and back to another 6 months of morning-night drinking.

You sound focused. Keep in that mind frame. Get a support system that works for you and if you feel weak use it. I wish the best for you.