View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Nalanda

Leave it in the bottle

Some interesting points, making me think....

I'm someone who usually sets goals. I thrive on them. It gives me a sense of urgency. I like to add a little something to each goal daily (usually have about 10)......

Like throwing a penny in the piggy bank each day, little by little, it starts to grow.....of course I believe what they say.....

....it's not so much the goals that are important, rather the person you become in the process of achieving them.

So, I've been putting "teetotal" on top of that list and it's been "almost" working. Obviously almost is not enough. But this year, I've not drank for at least 6 months of the year.

....two fsck ups/falls, both totaling around two months....

So this year, I've been sober a lot more than I have drunk. However, obviously I wish I could erase those two fvkc ups and make it a permanent full house...

So the question: Do I remove teetotal as a goal? (thus maybe removing any "pressure"?) Is it better to just make the decision and get on with the rest of your goals?

It could be a factor.....if I'm constantly seeing it as a goal......to which really there is no end line....I could be constantly "trying to get to sobriety". Hmm interesting...

Maybe my goal should be.....quit drinking. There, done. I quit. Goal achieved.

Oh there is one way for all.........don't put the liquid in your mouth