View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 08:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Nalanda

Originally Posted by Bruno1979 View Post
I personally have found it easier having no goals at all,

I've got no targets or any challenges,

I simply do not drink alcohol anymore. It's very similar to how I don't eat vindaloo curries anymore because they have an adverse reaction to me.

Good luck with your sobriety though, whatever works for you is great

Bruno.
No targets or any challenges with regards to alcohol I hope you mean and not life...

Ok then, so answer me this: Do you count days/weeks/months/years since you don't drink alcohol anymore?

Do you have a sobriety clock? Like so many people come on here and they state their "sobriety clock". I often wonder does it do any good counting days, like you have alluded. (Granted some use their sobriety clock as a form of superiority but that's another issue)

So if you don't count your sobriety days then I applaud you and I see your point about how it's just like the fact that that you don't eat vindaloo curries anymore because you have an adverse reaction.

However, if you do have a sobriety clock it would beg the logical question of whether you have a clock for your vindaloo curries too? And if not why not?

Also, if you just don't drink anymore just like you don't eat vindaloo curries anymore, are you on a website committed to not eating vindaloo curries? if not, why not?

I mean if it's just as easy as that, why bother being on a sobriety website? Why feel the need?