View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 04:54 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

ConfuseDaily.....I really hate to be Debbie Downer, here, but....I wouldn't count on him "seeing your perspective" in the near future. I think it is good that he is willing to see the therapist...and, even more so, if he is depressed.
Perhaps the therapist can have some influence with him.
He is being driven by a powerful disease, right now. He will be inclined to see anyone who is coming between him and his ability to drink freely, as the "enemy". It actually isn't personal (it may feel like it)....it is about the fear of giving up the thing that allows him to function and deal with his feelings. At this point, it feels like he needs alcohol to even feel "normal"....and, he may even require alcohol in order to keep withdrawl symptoms away (physical addiction).

You do have to think about yourself, at this point. Even a counselor for yourself, in addition to alanon, might be a good idea.
I know you are trying hard...but, in the end, you don't have any control over him...and the disease is powerful. You do have control over yourself and what happens to you, though.....

I hope you will continue to post and let us know how you are doing....
You are not alone....